Re: mailto in mozilla-firebird

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 09:41:51AM +0000, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> On 17 Feb 2004, David P James wrote:
> > >
> > > yep, http://mozex.mozdev.org/
> >
> > Or there's the way it's supposed to work (at least with recent versions
> > of mozilla-firebird/firefox). You have to have Gnome installed
> > (unfortunately) and from the Gnome control centre you have to do the
> > following:
> >

> [snip]
>
> Working here without Gnome, I'm glad to say.

I googled this this week and found people had troubles in general.  What
worked for me was to "right-button" click on the email address on the
web page and select "Copy Email Address".  Then go to your email client
and paste the address into the To: field.  Extra clicks, but it works.
Haven't tried Firefox 0.8 yet, I'm using Firebird 0.7 from mozilla.org
download site.

--
Mike

Two hundred years ago, we note mischievously, the average American or
European had a standard of living not very much superior to that of the
average man in India or China. -- dailyreckoning.com