Re: Debian Sarge MIMEDefang with Exim

----- Original Message -----
From: "Colin Watson" <cjwatson@debian.org>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 10:49 AM
Subject: Re: Debian Sarge MIMEDefang with Exim

> We have the mail-transport-agent virtual package so that packages don't
> have to depend on individual MTAs, and in general packages depend on
> this instead (with some real alternative). Of course, if mimedefang is
> actually a sendmail-specific addon, then this may not apply. At any
> rate, the maintainer is the right person to ask, one way or the other.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Colin Watson                                  [cjwatson@flatline.org.uk]

Hi Colin,

As you've probably seen in an earlier post, mimedefang is dependant on
sendmail specifically, so therefore not available with exim as the MTA.

Apparently for it to be made available with exim, it would actually need to
be ported across rather than just recompiled from source. I'm not sure if
that's the correct way of putting it, but hopefully you get the idea.

Pete