Re: Rejecting viruses the Right Way[tm]

on Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 11:33:45PM -0800, Mike Fedyk (mfedyk@matchmail.com) wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 04:52:30PM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > For the second time:  I'm not saying you have to move *all* your
> > services to another provider, address, or pipe.  Given current spam
> > filtering realities, you probably *will* have to find someone -- a major
> > ISP, a friend, a small botique mail services provider, foo -- to provide
> > outbound mail services.
>
> They'd have to receive smtp traffic on port ! 25.  Remember, port 25 is
> blocked for him...

In this case, it appears that there isn't :25 egress filtering, but DUL
blocking at arbitrary remote hosts.  So a :25 connection to a smarthost
would work.

That said, some form of authentication or access control on the
smarthost would be very strongly recommended.

Peace.

   The Amazon "one-click" patent boycott -- yes, it continues:
     http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/amazon.html#whyContinue