Re: KDE3.1 strangeness

On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 05:12:57PM -0800, Deryk Barker said
> I did a dist-upgrade the other night - I was running testing - and (it
> was the first time I'd persuaded my dekstop to boot since before
> moving house 2 months ago) there were 500+ packages upgrade.
>
> Fair enough, but the KDE portion has somehow broken. Although
> everything seems to be there, obviously something isn't as kdm is
> using a very strange font (which I don't rfecognise) and whenever I
> try to log in using kde3 I get bounced back to kdm.

Try commenting out the Type1 FontPath line from /etc/X11/XF86Config-4,
as well as /etc/X11/fs if you're using a font server.

> A look in the
> kdm.log shows a message complaining that the KThemeStyle Cache appears
> to be corrupt and then nothing.

Does it work for other users?

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:  spy jihad supercomputer Marxist $400 million in gold bullion