Re: Problem getting sound to work

On 2004-02-13, Mark Healey penned:

> I also noted that when I turned on enable system sounds at startup in
> the gnome control center I get the problem I had previously had where
> the taskbars don't respond.  When that happens I have
> to do a hard reboot, login as a regular user, su to root and delete
> /root/.gnome*.

Which debian distro is this, again?  (stable, unstable, testing)?

I'm just curious, because I'm running unstable, and I haven't had
taskbar-freeze issues.  It seems like something must be really
b0rked to be causing this issue, and it seems like maybe tracking down
the issue might be a precursor to figuring out the other stuff.

( esd ceases to function all the time without warning, and I end up
having to kill the process and fire it up again manually, but at least
it doesn't freeze my panel ... )

> Please leave this.  It is a filter term.
> ferulebezel

monique