Re: workspaces problem

On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 15:19, david merlin wrote:
> Hello,
> I am using Gnome 2.4, Kernel 2.4.24, libc-2.3.2.so;
> I recently updated my debian system from stable to testing.
>
> When I insert a Workspace Switcher (version 2.4.1) in a Panel initially
> only one workspace is shown; modifying the preferences during the
> session I can increase the number of workspaces and I save the new setup
> closing the session. But when I start a new session again only one
> workspace is shown.

To set up more perminant workspaces, go to the "Application" menu =>
"Desktop Preferences" => "Windows" item in the top gnome panel (assuming
you are using the default gnome setup). Scroll all tabs to the right
until you see one labeled "Workspaces". Add, Edit, Delete to your
heart's content.

-davidc