Re:Getting DRI going for Mach64

On Thursday 12 February 2004 20:46,
> Also post the output of lsmod please.

Did you mean insmod? Which module am I trying here?

> It looks like something isn't installed right since its loading the
> r128 module instead of the mach64 module. Did you load the kernel
> module?

On advice previous posted here, it was suggested that this would work with
this card (it does not). I removed it from the /etc/modules so I do not know
what is loading it now!

> It does look like you installed at least some of the packages since xv
> is mentioned (did you install the gatos xv drivers before?)
>
> If you have mplayer try mplayer -vo xv <movie> and see if it plays to
> check if xv is active.

I do not have mplayer (could get it or mmplayer). I believe the gatos drivers
were there before, maybe with the knoppix distro. I recently installed the
packages Micha Feigin suggested. I am still unable to compile the drm-mach64
module.

> BTW the dri-devel mailing list is the best place for this, although
> you won't get debian specific answers there.
>
> look under dri.sf.net

I'll check it out.