Re: enable smp support

On Thursday 12 February 2004 03:43 pm, saravanan wrote:
> I didn't manually edit the file. While installing
> kernel-image-2.4*..-smp.deb, it gives two options
>   1) use existing lilo conf
>   2) Create new lilo conf
>   I selected second option & it automatically creates the file.

The new file was saved as /etc/lilo.conf, right?

> 'boot' line was set as /dev/hda in earlier.

Ok. Your problem is that LILO was installed in the MBR originally, and
this new config file puts LILO in the first partition. You have LILO
installed in two places, and the version in the MBR (the old version) is
being used.

Change the "boot" line to /dev/hda instead of /dev/hda1, re-run lilo, and
it should work.

Adam