Re: Kernel 2.6.2 and X (no core pointer)

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:02:46 +0000
James Tappin <james@tappin.me.uk> wrote:
> > I have just installed a kernel 2.6.2 on my box and cannot make my X
(...)
> > Well, I got intel-agp, psmouse, mousedev and sermouse loaded but X
> > still complains about "no core pointer".

> I think this may be a 2.6.2-specific issue. On my experimental box
> (sid+experimental, latest kernel etc.) I had the ps/2 mouse working
> fine with 2.6.0, but on upgrading to 2.6.2 it complained about not
> finding/dev/psaux (though it shows up as a character device if I ls -l
> it). So far the only fix I've found was to switch to using the mouse
> in the USB port.
>
> So if you don't have a USB mouse you might try what happens with 2.6.0
> (IIRC backports.org has that as well as 2.6.2).

For the Googlers:

Yes, it now works with kernel-image-2.6.0-1-686
(2.6.0-1.backports.org.1), but I lost anti-aliased fonts. But that is
another fight... Who could I contact to help track this bug(?) ?

I had to load intel-agp (I have a i810 intel video card) and psmouse
modules and done.

:)

   Marcio Merlone

 mm@surf.com.br khan@inferno.com.br marcio@mersant.com.br
 This message represents the official view of the voices in my head
 mailhost:/etc/mail# less sendmail.cf
 less: contents of file "sendmail.cf" may induce nausea, show anyway?
[n]