Re: enable smp support

Posting in HTML makes your message barely readable, which greatly reduces
your chances of getting useful answers. Please set your mail client to
plain text when posting to a mailing list.

On Thursday 12 February 2004 03:00 pm, saravanan wrote:
> I 've installed debian3.0 on my rackable systems c1000.

> Since it doesn't support smp by default, I 've installed
> kernel-image-2.4.22***-smp.deb. But the kernel is still the same as the
> old one. (uname -a , shows the kernel without smp).

> What's the problem?

Did you set LILO/GRUB to boot the new kernel instead of the original
kernel? If using LILO, did you run /sbin/lilo after making this change?

Adam