Re: enabling dri makes kbd and mouse not work

I think all the following should support both your cards (don't how the
pci support is).

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 11:13:59PM -0500, Tom Vier wrote:
> > If its ati then its supported by both the proprietry ati modules and
> > the dri cvs version (there are debian packages, I can try to look them
> > up for you if you want).
>
> xfree86.org says it isn't supported. i found a site that says you can use
> ChipID in the conf to force it, but that didn't work either.

Try here for the ati proprietary drivers:

http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/linux/radeon-linux.html?type=linux&prodType=graphic&prod=productsLINUXdriver&submit.x=7&submit.y=9&submit=GO%21

There are versions for X 4.(123)

There is a note about installing it for debian in the documentation but
it basically says you need to use alian and force the installation.

You can also look at
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.stanchina/debian/fglrx-installer.html
for a more complete method of building debian packages from the ati
version including some prebuilt packages (haven't checked the versions).

> i didn't find any cvs on packages.debian.org for xfree86. i'd appreciate it
> if you can point me to some debs that support the 9200.

For the open dri cvs version of the packages look at:

http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-trunk-unstable/

I think the sources.list line should be
deb http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-trunk-unstable/ ./

I think those are only for X 4.3