Re: recommended reading?

On 12/2/04 Karsten M. Self wrote:
on Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 02:19:27PM +0100, Christian Schnobrich (schnobs@babylon-kino.de) wrote:

On Son, 2004-02-08 at 12:24, Conrad Newton wrote:

OK - I admit it. I've been working with computers for over 20 years (IBM mainframe, mini, micro(or PC as they are called, now), WinNT networks etc.

One of the best books available, both on the web and in print is
Paul Sheer's "Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition":

http://www.icon.co.za/~psheer/book/index.html

I second this.
I came across the book rather late, but it is THE book I'd like to have
had when I started -- I had 'Running Linux' which I found to be of
limited use.

OK - just had a look at it, and from initial glances it seems to be just what I was looking for. OK - it's on screen and not on paper, but seems to be laid out fairly well, so I'll give it a go.

Thanks to all who replied.

--
All the best

Steve.

---

Athlon XP 2400, Nvidia GeForce 4 AGP, ASRock SiS MB/Souncard, ESP 830
Running Debian Woody 3.0r2, 2.4.24 kernel