Re: Kernel 2.24.1-k7 won't permit Palm USB sync?

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 10:39:11PM -0500, Carl Fink wrote:
> I had my Tungsten T3 syncing just fine via its USB cradle.  Then I installed
> the above kernel version and rebooted.
>
> One thing all the docs on HotSync said, was that /dev/ttyUSB1 wouldn't even
> exist until the HotSync button on the cradle was pressed.
>
> With the new kernel, all the USB devices exist all the time.  And sync
> doesn't work.
>
> Anyone know what options were changed for this kernel update?  Any
> suggestions on how to get back the former, desired behavior?
> --
> Carl Fink             carl@fink.to
> Jabootu's Minister of Proofreading
> http://www.jabootu.com

I've been watching this post for a reply. I don't sync my Visor often
and I recently migrated to kernel 2.4.24 (which I suppose is what the
OP meant) When I saw this post, I decided to hotsync Visor as a
check. It did not work. So I waited for news of a fix. None appeared.

So, today I tried reverting to an earlier version kernel-image. That did not
restore my ability to hot sync the Visor. I suppose that something changed at
about the same time as we (OP and I) migrated to kernel 2.4.24. Does anyone
have any idea what it might be?

More info: my cradle is also USB. Hot sync was definitely working 18JAN04.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@peakpeak.com