Re: Odd NVidia behaviour

Hi folks

the drivers are downloaded today from teh NVidia site

What version? 4496 works great for me with kernel 2.4.24, but I needed
53?? from http://minion.de to get my card working with 2.6.*

OK - that wasn't the answer, but it lead me to it, having read the docs on the minion site, I added:-

Option    "NvAGP"    "1"

to the nvidia bit of XF86Config-4, forcing nvidia to use the internal AGP, and now it works straight from a cold boot.

It's a shame it's not as well documented in the nvidia docs. (64 pages verses 1, and the 1 page doc solves it)

Thanks for the lead - posted in case anyone has the same problem. Damn - my first real Debian "problem solve" - I must be learning :o)

All the best

Steve.