(Asking Again) sym53c8xx_2 and tekram DC-390u2w

I need help, I can not get my scsi hd to work with my tekram dc-390u2w
controller and the sym53c8xx_2 driver under kernel-2.6.2. Everything works
great using kernel-2.4.28 and sym53c8xx driver so I know this is not a
hardware issue with the disk. I have build the sym53c8xx_2 driver into the
kernel and have tried every boot prompt command I could (getting them from
the sym53c8xx_2.txt included with the kernel doc's. This is an external
drive that has /var and /tmp mounted on, so needless to say my system does
not work properly. I have tried Googleing but no luck there either. Could
someone please help shed some light on this as I can't handle to many more
sleepless nights:)
Thanks
Brad