pcmcia-cs orinoco-patch kernel 2.6.x

Hello,

I'm using kernel 2.6.1 and because of monitor mode I want to use the
patched (orinoco patch) pcmcia-cs modules (3.2.7)

If pcmcia-support is enabled in the kernel-config (CONFIG_PCMCIA=y)
pcmcia-cs won't compile the modules.  (only utilities)
-snip-
** Your kernel is configured with PCMCIA driver support.  Therefore,
** 'make all' will compile the PCMCIA utilities but not the drivers.
** See README-2.4 if this is not what you intended!
-snip-

If pcmcia-support is disabled I get the following:
-snip-
2.5.0 and later kernels require that PCMCIA be configured in the
    kernel source tree.  To fix, reconfigure and rebuild your
    kernel with PCMCIA enabled.
-snip-

What can I do? Is there a way to patch the kernel 2.6.x itself?

Thanks.

 Peter