Re: ADSL ISP in UK

On (12/02/04 13:46), Dave Howorth wrote:
> I wrote:
> > Does anybody have any recommendations or warnings about ADSL ISPs in
> > the UK?
>
> Many thanks to all who made suggestions. I'll check them out and pick
> one. I'm sure I won't go wrong with one from the list:
>
> Andrews & Arnold (AAISP)
> Demon
> Eclipse
> Freedom to Surf
> Nildram
> Pipex
> PlusNet
> UK Free Software Network
> uklinux
Hi Dave

Since I posted, Plus Net has been slow and erratic on pop3 and
webhosting (check out service status on their homepage).  ADSL Guide
gave Metronet (which I think is pay-as-you-go) a very good press.  It is
one that we've recommended but don't know anyone on it.  Metronet own
Just-the-name and Pay-as-you-host which we use a lot and would
recommend.

HTH

Clive

--