Re: sarge installer: unsure what images needed

>> Hi, I'm attempting to install 'testing' on a very
>> old PC which will not boot from CDROM, and does not
>> have a "common" NIC (it's an SMC something). I have referred to
>> http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-i386/cu
>>rrent/doc/INSTALLATION-HOWTO and have tried to install, but got errors
>> about possibly corrupt CDs and Debian mirrors.

>> Also, can anybody confirm: at the moment it is not possible to
>> install with the new installer using CDROMs as the source?

> Instead of the netinstall cd use the regular cd, esp if you want to do a
> cd install. The new installer works fine for cd/dvd installs.

Just to confirm I have understood your suggestion (and you understand
my problem :-)) ...

You're suggesting I boot the net-installer floppies (because I cannot
boot CDROMs because the PC is old) and then I insert the regular 'testing'
CD #1, and the installer will know to get everything it needs off the
CDROM? (If this is the case, then it certainly is very different from
what the install HOWTO at the above URL says.) Thanks!

Alexis