Re: Problem with scsi emulation

 Peter Samuelson <peter@p12n.org> wrote:

> > Because I had symlinks all over the place, I tried to
> tidy it up a
> > bit and ended up deleting /dev/scd1.  Not knowing how
> to get
> > /dev/scd1 back, I renamed /dev/scd16 to /dev/scd1.  Now
> I cannot
> > mount my dvd-writer.
>
> Right - to recreate /dev/scd1, do this:
>
>   cd /dev; MAKEDEV scd

Thanks Peter, much appreciated.  Just some clarification
please:  When recreating /dev/scd1, should I first delete
the /dev/scd1 that I created manually and should I type
MAKEDEV scd or MAKEDEV scd1?

Cut out the middle man with Dial Direct Insurance, click here for a free e-Quote!
http://www.directquote.co.za/emailquote.asp?vdn=5800&tel=0860%2010%2022%2046