ATI Radeon 9200 support (Was: Re: enabling dri makes kbd and mouse not work)

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 23:13:59 -0500
Tom Vier <tmv@comcast.net> wrote:

<snip>
> xfree86.org says it isn't supported. i found a site that says you can
> use ChipID in the conf to force it, but that didn't work either.
>
> i didn't find any cvs on packages.debian.org for xfree86. i'd
> appreciate it if you can point me to some debs that support the 9200.

I recently got DRI working on a Radeon 9200 using a mix of
testing/unstable. Unfortunately, it's not my main machine, so I can't
tell you which release the xfree is off hand, but I can look it up
tomorrow, if you want.

I did use the ChipID in the config file, though I don't know for sure
that it requires it (I haven't tested it without the ChipID since I got
it working).

I haven't done much testing on it - the user doesn't play very many
games - but it worked good enough that glxgears went from ~60fps to
2000+fps.

Just thought I'd let you know there is light at the end of the
tunnel... :-)

Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

National Weather Service advice for those threatened by severe
thunderstorms: "Go inside a sturdy building and stay away from WINDOWS!"
http://www.linux.org