Re: Debian on 640KB or RAM?

On Thursday February 12 at 01:45am
Ken Gilmour <ken@playersonly.com> wrote:

> a 80286 CPU at 12 mhz!

Unfortunately, the linux kernel itself will not work on a 286. I too,
had a sweet 286 gotten from somewhere else that looked like a novelty
linux machine, that might churn out 1 SETI work unit every month or two,
but alas, then do not (and probably never will) work with linux. I can't
speak for *BSD however. Might want to give that a look-see.
--
-johann koenig
Now Playing: Beautiful Stranger - Madonna : Austin Powers II: More Music
>From The Motion Picture
Today is Boomtime, the 42nd day of Chaos in the YOLD 3170
My public pgp key: http://mental-graffiti.com/pgp/johannkoenig.pgp