Re: What command tells you most about your hardware?

on Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 11:23:21PM -0600, Kent West (westk@acu.edu) wrote:
> Roger Chrisman wrote:

> "lshw" is what you're looking for. It's in unstable; I'm not sure
> about stable and/or testing.

There's also a "system information dumper" script I wrote, which I call
system-info:

    http://twiki.iwethey.org/Main/LinuxSystemInfoScript

There's sample output at the site.

This includes partitioning, filesystem, kernel, kernel config, and other
information, as well as hardware descriptions.

There's another tool that does system info as well, though it escapes me
at the moment.  Runs interactively and creates HTML output, if so
desired.

Though lshw produces more specific information about hardware.

Peace.