OT: Michael D. Schleif -- and any other social network types

I don't know if I'm the only person you spammed with your social network
invitation.  I certainly didn't appreciate it.  Not recognizing your
name from Adam, I simply spamlisted the from address and shot a LART off
to the admin contacts for the site you were using.

Don't bother replying to me as your address is now considered spam, and
will automatically be reported as same.

To anyone else I don't personally know who's considering inviting me to
join your digital social network:  don't.  I do mailing lists, a few IRC
channels, and some newsgroups.  I don't pour my personal information
into proprietary databases without very good reason.

And...the fact that we've both participated in an email thread some
months ago doesn't mean I'm going to remember your name.

If I _do_ actually know you, I'll tell you this privately rather than
violating your confidence to the world.  Those who've already violated
_my_ confidence don't warrant that courtesy.

For my general thoughts on social networks:

    People really aren't going to trust them if they view these
    start-ups as honeypots for future marketroids to reap everything we
    didn't want them to know. Let alone allow a passing hacker to scarf
    up this potential archive of great exploitable value.

    -- Andrew Orlowski, on Orkut, Friendster, and ilk.

Just clearing things up.

Peace.

    I'll stop calling this Administration "Orwellian" when they stop
    using 1984 as an operations manual
    - J. Bradforth DeLong, on Bush           http://www.j-bradford-delong.net/