Re: [XFree86] nvidia and ut2003 - wrong refresh rates

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, LeVA wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to run ut2003 under linux with an nvidia driver, but
> everytime I start the game it switches to 800x600 @ 56 Hz, altough my
> monitor does support 1024x768 @ 85 Hz, and 800x600 @ 100 Hz (which I
> can not set up under X, because it alway switches to 800x600@85 Hz, but
> this doesn't matter now). So anyone else experiencing this strange
> refresh rate with nvidia driver while gaming? How could this be fixed?

   The app is doing this.  It requests modes advertised through the
xf86VidMode extension but picks the first in the list without regards
to refresh rate.  The only way to prevent it from doing that is to
change your monitor's VertRefresh in the XF86Config file to exclude
low refresh modes so that XFree86 doesn't advertise them.

> In my console, when running ut2003, I also get these messages:
>
> Xlib:  extension "XiG-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD" missing on display ":0.0".
> Xlib:  extension "XiG-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD" missing on display ":0.0".
> Xlib:  extension "XiG-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD" missing on display ":0.0".

   That is a extension offered by a commercial X server.  XFree86
does not support it.  XFree86 has its own extensions.

			Mark.