Re: Kernel 2.6.2 and mouse problems

Lance Hoffmeyer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anyone else experienced mouse problems with Kernel 2.6.2?
> I just compiled with make-kpkg.  Everything seems to work but
> I get synchonazation problems with psmouse.c and mouse does not
> function properly in either X or a console.  Same problem.  If
> I try to move the mouse it goes all over the place.  I tried
> mdetect and gpmconfig.  Nothing worked.  It is a logitech Cordless
> Mouseman Optical.
>
> GPM is setup as:
>
> Current configuration: -m /dev/psaux -t imps2
> Device: /dev/psaux
> Type: imps2
>

> This works fine in 2.4.18 (which is what I have reverted back to
> until I discover the problem with 2.6.2).
>
> Lance

There's a bug in the psmouse driver of 2.6.2 (and nearby versions).
Usually, the problems are intermittent, so I'm not sure if that's the
problem you're having.

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0402.0/0973.html

...and the fix:

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0402.1/0130.html

I don't know if the patch has been incorporated into 2.6.3-rc* yet.

-Corey