Re: ADSL ISP in UK

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:15:11 +0000
Dave Howorth <dhoworth@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anybody have any recommendations or warnings about ADSL ISPs in the
>
> UK? I will also need (perhaps as part of the package) a mail address.
>
> (I'm currently with BTO but their refusal to support anything other than
>
> Outlook Express has finally stung me into action.).

I've been with Andrews and Arnold http://www.aaisp.net.uk/aa.gg/ for well
over a year now and have found them reliable (I guess the best thing one
can say about an ISP is that you can forget that they are there). Their
package includes your own domain and they have a a POP3 server that will
handle mail to your domain, or you can run your own mail server (and use
their server as a secondary).

They support Linux, MacOS and Windows and will do their best with anything
else.

There are several different options, so you should take a look at their
web site and then talk to someone before choosing what configuration to
use.

James

--
James Tappin,             O__      "I forget the punishment for using
james@tappin.me.uk       --  \/`    Microsoft --- Something lingering