Re: SSL capable FTP _client_?

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 08:42:28PM -0600, Michael Sullivan wrote:
> Why don't you use sftp? (installed with ssh)
> scp is also included with  ssh.  you can securely transfer files either
> interactively or through scripting
sftp itself is not very handy, no reconnect support build in (afaik) so
you need rsync wich uses FISH.
On the server side it's not that easy to build up a chroot with scp/sftp and
scponlyc shell. Ah and at least I think there are more clients with ftps
support then with sftp support. (About all operating systems, not just unix)

Sven
--
If God passed a mic to me to speak
I'd say stay in bed, world