Re: Calendar apps

* On 11-02-04 at 08:43 Paul Johnson (baloo@ursine.ca) wrote:
+----Here quoted text begins----+
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 09:47:13AM +0100, Bostjan Muller wrote:
> > II. korganizer (used without KDE environment)
> > 	- importing repeating events does not work for vCalendar files
>
> But this is fixable easily by hand until the bug gets fixed.  (You did
> run reportbug to check to see if it's a known bug, and reported it if
> it's not, right?)

Yes I did look, and no there was no such bug reported yet. I will report
it though.

> > 	- timezone is crooked
>
> Huh?

Time/date info in vcal is supposed to be in form YYYYMMDDTHHMMSS[Z]
Whereas korganizer sets (at random times) TZ: filed at the begginig to
an obscure value like +2033456 (no timezone I have ever seen) and than
all the dates in the file are also crooked and show dates like
20200108T084500Z which is kind of odd since the export was supposed to
be valid for just this week ;)

[...]
+----and here the quote ends----+

I have however found an app that I could make do all the things that I
wanted. It is a webcalendar - webcalendar.sourceforge.net. Has
categories and exports to palm/ical/vcal files, and also has reminders
via email.

So for now I'll stick with that and modify it a bit to suite my needs
better ;)

Regards/Lep pozdrav

Boštjan Müller
--