Re: Knoppix is Not Debian

Katipo wrote:

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 23:04:57 -0500
Jeff Elkins <jeffelkins@earthlink.net> wrote:

On Sunday 08 February 2004 7:18 pm, Marc Wilson wrote:
On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 02:16:33PM -0500, Bijan Soleymani wrote:
<Snip>
I just have to say that I find this cluebie/stupid nonsense you keep
spouting very offputting and childish. I've used Koppix for a quick
sid install and have no problems recommending it to folks that want a
easy taste of Linux. I've since switched to Mepis, to escape Knoppix's
Germanocentric flavor, but the principle is the same.
One can use http://www.morphix.org too , that includes Gnome , KDE ....

For sure Knoppix ( or knoppix-children like Morphix, Gnoppix, Mepis are a very good introduction to Debian. I installed it too from Morphix-Knoppix.

I think Knoppix is Debian in a LiveCD ;)

Regards.