Re: Gallery 1.4 claims newer PHP version

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:05:21 -0300
Arlequín <amahoro@adinet.com.uy> wrote:

> Hi, there.
>
> I have a Woody properly installed, which runs PHP v. 4.1.2.
>
> That's enough for me, but apparently it's not enough for the folks
> from Gallery, a web based photo album generator
> <http://gallery.menalto.com/index.php>.
>
> Please, take a look at this post:
> <http://gallery.menalto.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopi
> c&p=61813#61813>
>
> What should I do?
>
> Recompile from source?
> I don't want to loose the excellent deps tree control Debian have
> only because I have to upgrade my PHP version.
>

> --
> Arlequín

I too am running Woody with PHP version 4.1.2.  I cannot install
Gallery on the Woody box either.  I end up with the same results as
you describe.

My development box started out as RH 6.1, but has been upgraded here
and there so that little is stock any longer.  It is running PHP
version 4.1.0.  Gallery installs and runs flawlessly.

I don't think that the problem is the version of PHP you are running
being too old!

--
Raquel
Learn to depend upon yourself by doing things in accordance with