Re: FUBARed my install, wont boot :(

Hello

Kent West (<westk@acu.edu>) wrote:

> I suspect you need to add the line
>   initrd=/initrd.img
> to /etc/lilo.conf and rerun lilo. (I would think you could get in by
> feeding the initrd parameter to the bootup process, but you may need
> to get in first to figure out what parameter syntax to use.)

Can passing an initrd parameter to the /kernel/ work? If the kernel does
not have support for the root or boot file system compiled in, and the
initrd is located on the root or boot partition, how can the kernel
access the initrd on its own? If I understand this concept correctly,
then the bootloader must know about the initrd. Does anyone know
details on whether this can work with lilo or grub?

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--
Andreas Janssen