Re: VIA Rhine and IDE-scsi not detected during setup?

On Feb 10, 2004, at 4:16 AM, Dennis van Turnhout wrote:

I descided to reinstall my VIA epia M10000 system with Sarge. Downloaded the 2 DVD iso images with jigdo a while ago.
Setup starts as normal but the nic and IDE-Scsi doesn't load?

Downloaded sarge-i386-netinst.iso through debian.com, setup works a little better but neither lilo nor grub wil install???

Bye,

Dennis

I've had no luck (Via M10000 + Eide), with sarge or the Jan. 14 debian-installer public beta 2 [Wow is it horrible].
I've had no problem with Woody though.

For right now, the best Net Install option for testing or unstable seems to be Woody Base followed by apt-get dist-upgrade.

http://homepage.mac.com/stevenaleach/
I am not cynical. I am not bitter. I just believe that if you aren't angry then you aren't paying enough attention.