Re: Advance Home Networked

on Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 08:58:41PM +1100, Phillipus Gunawan wrote:

> Is there any way that I can use 1 software to provide share files
> for both at the same time? Can samba sharedo shaaring for debian?

Don't think so but samba & NFS co-exist perfectly happily (NFS being
the more reliable in my case.)

> Another task is to provide 'home' folder for both Debians and windowz.
> In Debian, is a replacement for 'home' folder and as for windowz, is
> /bla/bla/bla/desktop. Again, what are my alternatives here?

I don't think replacing \windows\desktop with /home/user would work
any more than you would mount KDE desktop on windows. A more
appropriate mount would be to replace /My Documents with the users
home directory & this is easy enough (properties on the my documents
folder allows you to set this up). Under NFS mount the server home
directories on the local home as long as this doesn't create any
incompatabilities between machins (doesn't on mine)

Steve