kmix with kernel-2.6 - volume up/down osd

Hi!

I've just installed the 2.6.2 kernel, and I noticed that when I'm using
my multimedia keyboard's Volume UP/Volume Down keys, an osd-like window
appears on the top of my desktop, showing me the current volume (and it
alters when changing the volume). This is so cool (really), but I don't
need this bonus feature. Is there a way to disable this, or turn it
off? And why this is only happeing with the 2.6 kernel? What is that
feature in that kernel, which provides this osd?

kmix --help doesn't help me.

Thanks!

Daniel

--