Re: Music Mixing

Audacity, Muse, Rosegarden, Ardour, others. Try 'em and see which one you like
best. Ardour looks exciting but you may need to compile it and I have not
succeded--a load of libraries and dependencies. Most of the others can be
apt-getted. You will not have all those DX and VST plugins you are used to.

I assume you have your sound setup in Linux (no small task), have alsa and
possible "jack" as well installed. There are also low-latency patches for the
kernel of you need them.

Subsrcibe to  Linux-audio mailing list :
linux-audio-user-request@music.columbia.edu

Hey guys, I'm looking for something I can use to edit and mix music.
Under Winblows I used Reason.  But I have yet to find a linux
equivalent.

I looked on freshmeat, and found a program called Veejay, but I can't
seem to get it to compile under SID.

So, I'm wondering if any of you guys have experience with a descent
software package, and if it's apt-get'able....all the better.