ntfs partition thinks its reiserfs, sorta

hde1 was my ntfs partition
hde2 was my reiserfs / debian partition

I accidentally copied an old fstab that had:
/dev/hde1       /               reiserfs        defaults        0       0

from when debian was on hde1!

Now partimage thinks the partition is reiserfs.

file -s doesn't think its a reiserfs
mount will mount it as ntfs
I can boot into XP fine, NT thinks its fine, I ran chkdsk,
I ran XP repair console chkdsk, fixboot, fixmbr, and even Repaired Windows.

Why does partimage think its reiserfs?  Would it have written a backup
table somewhere?  Is the information cached somewhere?