Re: Knoppix is Not Debian

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 12:29:35AM +0000, Sam Halliday wrote:

> varicad is a joke for serious work... speak to an expert, and they will
> tell you the same thing. even autocad is described as "too simplistic"
> by a few mechanical engineers i know, and architects (REAL architects,
> not "extension to the back room" architects) need something a lot more
> powerful.

This reminds me of those who have finished several semesters of
calculus, some DE and so forth, but without a calculator are
clueless. I thought real engineers would need only a pen and a piece
of paper (may be some table to speed computations). Before computers
came, with all the software, there were already engineers out there.