Re: ALSA midi SBLive - sfxload?

On February 9, 2004 05:53 pm, Rick Macdonald wrote:
> Roy - thanks for all the info! I've had timidity installed and working for
> years, but I gather it does more than I thought. I might be able to get by
> with it after all. Am I correct in assuming that with ALSA my MIDI H/W
> ports are probably working now? I haven't had a chance to test yet.
>

>From what I can tell from here, yes.

I'm not sure what timidity sound patches, if any, debian currently has.
I would highly recommend the "eawpats" which are available here

http://www.stardate.bc.ca/eawpatches/eawpats12_full.rar

You will need to "unrar" them (apt-get install unrar)
unrar e -y whatever.rar

I placed them in /usr/share/timidity/eawpats/
my timidity.cfg file looks as follows

# start
dir /usr/share/timidity/eawpats/
source gravis.cfg