Re: upgrade woody -> sarge not working

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 01:37:09PM -0800, Roger Chrisman wrote:
> I use 'testing' instead of 'sarge' in /etc/sources.list.
>
> I understand 'testing' == 'sarge', but are they also interchangablely in
> sources.list in that way? Produce identical results?
This is what I understand from it:
    When sarge is 'stable' it will be updated to the 'stable' tag.

So, if you have 'testing' in your sources all your packages will
be upgraded to the _current_ testing (which I guess would be stuff
from unstable moved to testing?)

If you have 'sarge' in your sources then when sarge goes stable
you're packages will not be upgraded to the 'new' testing.

Note that 'unstable' is always called 'sid' and sid is never moved
anywhere.