Re: dual boot debian & Windoze, need advice

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 01:06:38PM -0700, Paul E Condon wrote:
> So what do I put in the Windoze stanza of lilo.conf to make boot program
> load Windoze? And is there a reasonable hope that Windoze can be made to
> think that the slave drive is C:? Or will it do this automatically?

In my experience, when Windows is on anything other than the first
partition of the primary master HD, the results are unpredictable and
event-sequence dependent.  98 will walk the bios chain and the first
dos-readable partition becomes C:.  NT/W2K/XP have completely different
algorithms for assigning driver letters during setup and post setup.

The number of permutations for failure modes for NT is stochastic.
In other words: don't f*cking bother.