Re: Gnome terminal, switching profile w/o menu?

On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 06:57, Magnus Therning wrote:
> I realize this is slightly off topic here, but it seems a lot of REALLY
> knowledgable people inhabit this list :-)

Flattery will get you nowhere. Besides, I know you're not talking about
me ;o)

> Is there a way of switching the profile of a running gnome-terminal,
> without using the menu? I am mostly interested of doing it from inside
> the terminal itself.
>
> I could imagine it being done via an escape sequence, or a call to an
> executable, e.g. gnome-terminal, that takes the profile name as an
> argument. Just as long as I don't need to use the mouse :-)

Is there any particular reason you dont want to use the menus? In gnome
2.4 (I dont know what version you are using), I can easily switch
profiles from within gnome-terminal _using_ the menus but without a
mouse (Alt-T P, arrow keys).

-davidc