RE: md5 failed inside 3.0r2 ISOs

De: Adam Aube <aaube01@baker.edu>
Para: debian-user@lists.debian.org <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Fecha: lunes 9 de febrero de 2004 17:00
Asunto: Re: md5 failed inside 3.0r2 ISOs

>On Monday 09 February 2004 07:35 am, AIRCOMP, S.L. wrote:
>> I just downloaded the 7 ISO images. The MD5 check of the images is fine
>> but when I mount it -o loop and do a second check using /md5sum.txt
>> hundreds files fail or are zero size.
>
>So the MD5 on the images themselves is fine, but when you check individual
>files in the image it fails? What if you copy files out to your main
>filesystem and check them there?
>
>I have seen behavior like this with CDs - if I try to verify the MD5 hash
>generated when the file was on the hard drive, it doesn't match. If I
>copy the file from the CD to my hard drive, the hashes match again.
>
>Adam

Excuse me but the behavior you suggest is even more weird than what I'm
experiencing. Any file should give equal MD5 hashes no matter if it is on a
disk or on a CD-ROM.

This happens with at least two ISO images (1-NONUS and 2) downloaded from
the .es mirror (ftp.es.debian.org/debian-cd/3.0_r2/i386/). If this is
abnormal (and I believe it is) then there's something *very* wrong at that
mirror.

regards
L Rotger