How to remove a kernel install package that has failed?

I tried installing kernel-source-2.6.0. I used Debian's make-kpkg and
created a deb file. But when I ran dpkg -i
kernel-image-2.6.0_10.00.Custom_i386.deb, I got a segmentation fault.
Now I can't upgrade my system because whenever I run apt-get upgrade, I
get an error saying "The package kernel-image-2.6.0 needs to be
reinstalled, but I can't find an archive for it."

I have run apt-get clean and apt-get autoclean. I've even looked in
/var/lib/dpkg/info to try and remove anything related to
kernel-image-2.6.0 but couldn't find anything. What can I do to remove
this package so I can update my system?

--
Jeff Self
Dept. of Information Technology