Re: strange behaviour with kernel 2.6 and USB mass storage

[Nicos Gollan]
> Now, when I unmount it, remove it from the USB, change the card and
> reconnect, I get a new SCSI device at /dev/scsi/host1/..., and so on.
> Reconnecting with the same media doesn't help, it's always creating a
> new host.

I had just written a long email to the effect that this was probably a
devfs corner case .....

but then I had another look at your log, which seems to say it's
actually a SCSI subsystem case that isn't handled correctly.

Regardless, the non-devfs name /dev/sda appears to be staying constant,
so the devfs version of that (/dev/discs/something) should stay
constant as well.  As such, if you use the /dev/discs/* symlink (or the
/dev/sda* devices, without devfs), you can most likely ignore this
problem.

Peter