Re: Can't boot: "hda: lost interrupt" after possibly screwing up kernel.

Hello

Adam (<a24061@yahoo.com>) wrote:

> Andreas Janssen wrote:
>
>> You can boot from one of the Debian CDs. For example, insert CD1 and
>> type:
>>
>> rescbf24 root=/dev/hdsomething
>
> I don't have one of those -- I used the Debian sarge installer CD
> (about 100 MB) and that option doesn't work with it.  But I'll get
> one!

I only have a set of Woody CDs, but maybe there is the normal rescue
kernel available on your CD (I don't know which Kernel is used by
default on your CD). Read the instructions directly after booting. See
if pressing F1 - F3 can tell you more.

>> Or try to boot with your current kernel, and pass either the
>> pci=noacpi or acpi=off parameters. In some cases this helps.
>
> It doesn't give me the opportunity to pass parameters (I believe
> because there's only one LILO configuration).
>
> I've got a Knoppix 3.3 CD but it must be the wrong one: it stops with
> a Tux logo and "Error: only one processor found".

Maybe try one of the expert boot methods, or pass the parameters
mentioned above.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--