Re: Evolution: Strange things happen

> Its not the computer that shut down but the gnome configuration manager
> that was sent the kill signal probably because X died for some reason
> and gdm shut it down on logout.
> Are you running a firewall? (very recommended if your computer is always
> connected, although it doesn't look like you are from the logs).
> I am guessing that X died for some reason and when evolution crashed it
> messed up its files somehow.
> What X version and window manager + version are you running (my X
> occasionally crashes down under me on vt switch but its very rare).

Thank you for replying my email,

I am using (installed) xserver-common and xserver-xfree  vsion 4.2.1-15
and GDM 2.4.1.7-1

I am connected by ADSL with a Billion Router, and I supposed it has the
firewall ability.

in /var/log/messages, I've seen the line:
	Feb  9 06:14:00 funburst -- MARK --
what is the 'MARK' sign for?

And perhaps you could tell me what is this lines means?
	gconfd (root-xxx): GConf server is not in use, shutting down.
	gconfd (root-xxx): Exiting
Why it say GConf is not in use? Is this the cause why my GNOME log-out?

What do you mean by 'vt switch'? Is that a KVM? because I am using KVM,
just the normal one.

Thanks.