Re: Rsync completely hangs machine

Jonathan Melhuish wrote:

I have a headless network server at home on which I am running Debian stable and the latest "stable" release of rsync. It was previously working fine, but now hangs the machine (or at least, it disappears from the network) as soon as my rsync client attempts to send the first file.

Even wierder - if I delete that file, it now works! I guess I should have kept the file to try and figure out what was so 'special' about it as to crash rsync... ahh well...

Hmm, then it does a few more files and then crashes the machine again :-(

/me scratches head and looks very confused

Cheers,

Jon