Re: Knoppix is Not Debian

* Paul E Condon <pecondon@peakpeak.com> [040207 18:05]:

> I think there is a place for Knoppix in introducing newbies to Debian.

I'm not a Debian newbie, but in the past year I've used Knoppix for new
installs on a few pieces of unfamiliar hardware.  When an old laptop
falls into your hands, and you don't have any documentation on it, it's
easier to use Knoppix and then upgrade to Debian than it is to do the
work needed to install Debian directly.  So long as the end result is
the same (a Debian unstable box), easier is better.

I don't have any use for Knoppix as a distribution, but I love the
installer.

--
Lance Simmons