Re: Has anyone ever thought of getting the reply-to changed?

Thorsten Haude wrote:
Nope, you could also use a *good* MDA instead of Procmail. Which shows
why the modular Unix approach is much more powerful than any catch-all
application.

    You're presuming 2 things.

1: The person has access to install a decent MDA on said machine.
2: The person has access at ALL to configure said MDA in the first place.

Also you, and others, seem to be presuming a third thing which simply is not true.

3: Having internal filtering does not preclude using external filtering.

I'm all for the modular approach. However I do not nor ever will subscribe to the theory that an email client has absolutely no business bringing in, filtering, sending out and maintaining the data which is its primary function. I see all of those as part and parcel of a decent client and any client which does not incoporate those basic functions is deficient. Because without those basic functions one is locked into a single path of doing things which is contrary to the Unix way.