RE: Securing it properly

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacob S. [mailto:stormspotter@6texans.net]
Sent: den 7 februari 2004 22:54
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Securing it properly

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 15:56:46 -0500
Brett Carrington <brettcar@segvio.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 09:48:56PM +0100, Henrik Johansson wrote:
> > Why is the standard webserver Apache 1.3
> > and not 2.0? I thought it was stable.
> If you want to run 2.0 use the package 'apache2'. Because of the
> many changes between the 1.3 tree and 2.0 of apache, Debian has
> put apache2 in it's own package. This is good because 1.3 is still
> being maintained and it doesn't require 1.3 users to upgrade to the
> different paradigm of 2.0.

This will not work in Woody. Apache2 is in Unstable and/or Testing, for
Debian.

As to why it did not make it in to Stable (Woody), a stable release
wasn't ready when Woody went into 'feature-freeze'.

Jacob

Ok, do you know the time frame for stable release of 2.0?
I can settle for 1.3 but i really like the new features in 2.0.

Henrik